The coin toss itself may not be an accurate prediction, but you can still try to predict what the captain will likely call based on his past behavior. We recommend that you bet no more than 10% of your total betting budget on this result. You should leave the remaining 90% of your budget for other race bets. For example, who will win the race or other prop bets, such as who will score the most points or hit the most.

The Advantage of Winning the Toss

Winning the coin toss is important because the winning team captain can give his team a huge advantage even before the game starts. We will look at some of them below.

Sometimes it can be tricky to watch the ball, so the winning team captain can choose to throw first so they have more time to see how the ball is performing.

When it becomes clear that the pitch will break down and deteriorate as the game progresses, the winning team captain will choose to bat first. This way his team does not have to bat last on a tricky pitch.

If the field is considered a hitting paradise, then the winning team captain will choose to bat first. Hopefully, his team can hit a huge total and put a lot of pressure on the opponent.

If a team wants to know how many runs they need to win a game, they will always bowl first if they win the toss. In addition, some teams win more when they are chasing a target rather than setting a goal.

Weather forecasts can also have an impact on the winning team’s decision. If the weather forecast is poor and rain is expected during the game, the winning captain will usually choose to bowl first. This is because the DLS method used for rain-affected games favors the team batting second.

Believe it or not, but the team that won the coin toss increased their chances of winning the test match by about 10% and their chances of winning the ODI by about 4%. This may not seem like a huge difference, but in professional sports, it is an advantage that should not be taken lightly.

The importance of tossing varies according to the format of the cricket

  • T20 Cricket

In T20 cricket, coin tossing is not important because the weather and pitch conditions usually remain the same throughout the game. The winner of the coin toss usually chooses to bowl first now, as the dew later in the game usually helps the last team to bat. This is because pitchers have a hard time catching wet balls. That said, IPL toss predictions are still fun!

  • ODI Cricket

In a cricket match of 50 minutes or more, the pitch conditions should not really change much. However, some pitches are known to slow down as the game progresses, or when it starts to cool down, there may be dew. If the course is expected to slow down, the team captain will hit the ball first because timing the ball will become more difficult. If the course is expected to stay the same but dew is expected to occur, the team captain will bowl first. Therefore, coin tosses are more important than T20 matches.

  • Cricket Test

In Test cricket, batting first is usually an advantage for the team batting first, as the pitches usually become more difficult to bat on as the game progresses. On the fourth and fifth day, there may be different bounces and extra spin that make hitting the ball almost impossible. However, if there is a lovely layer of green grass on the surface when the ball is tossed, the winning captain will usually choose to pitch first, as his pitcher should be able to extract extra swing action from the course. In addition, the captain who wins the toss must also consider the weather conditions. Therefore, the coin toss is very important for the test match.